I managed to get nominated for another Liebster Award (so I must be doing something right)
My second nomination comes from Ali @ Thirty and a Half << you can check her blog out by clicking her name/blog :)
The rules of the award are:
> answer the 11 questions that the person that nominated you gave you
> list 11 facts about yourself
> nominate 11 bloggers with followers under 200 (I'll use Bloglovin)
> give your nominees 11 questions to answer
So ... the questions that Ali gave me:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I remember watching Vampire Diaries and Elena kept a 'journal' and I thought that was a great idea. Something I could write in - my thoughts, what I was doing, what was going on around me, my relationship etc ... It lasted a few months, then I remember opening it a year later having found the book at the bottom of a drawer and thinking 'well that lasted long' ... I then was watching one of Joey Graceffa's YouTube videos and he was in Brighton with Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella) and I checked our her videos and saw she had a blog ... so I read through her first few posts she ever did and thought 'hey maybe I should give it a go' and here we are now ... a few months later :)
2. What is the meaning behind your blog?
I might have answered this in the first question ... I'm really bad at rambling on about something and not actually answering the question asked. The meaning behind my blog ... I don't think there is a meaning behind it. It's just somewhere I can express what I'm doing or what I've baked or what 'beauty product' I bought last week.
3. What do you do for fun?
I'm a bit of a gamer - while I was at University most of my time was spent on WOW (World of Warcraft) which apparently if you say that to anyone they instantly say 'geek' or 'wow your hardcore' I gave that a rest after two years. Lately I've been into LOL (League of Legends), Minecraft PC Edition (where I have my own server I can play on) and lately I'm hooked on the new game from Bungie called Destiny.
Obviously I'm not a vampire and don't hide inside all the time - I also like to hang with friends go to TopGolf, chill in a pub or go grab some food. I spend alot of time with my other half and we go places most weekends and hang out doing different things.
4. What is your favourite movie or TV show?
I hate this question. I refuse to just pick one! I wasn't watching anything as all the television shows I watch were on a season break but they're all back on now ... so I'm currently loving:
> Once Upon a Time
> Family Guy
> The Original
> 2 Broke Girls
> Grey's Anatomy
> The Big Bang Theory
> The Vampire Diaries
> How to get away with Murder
> Downton Abbey
> Doctor Who
It's alot I know ... but I love them all ...
5. Who is the person that inspires you the most?
I'm terrible with these kinds of questions. Thinking from the top of my head and because Taylor Swift is playing in the background - I will take a chance and say that Taylor Swift does inspire me - mainly because she is very grown up for her age and is very aware of what is going on in the world and fights certain causes. Her music is also amazing :D
6. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don't really have a specific person - but as I'm really into the television programme 'Revenge' at the moment - Daniel Greyson (aka Josh Bowman) is pretty hot - in that kind of smoldering, 'I don't care' attitude :) Google him if you don't know who I'm talking about!!
7. Do you prefer Apple or PC/Android?
I used to be a strictly-PC guy ... but for Christmas last year Apple were doing a 0% finance on MacBook for £1090 and I couldn't resist. I just finished paying the last payment last month and the laptop is all mine now :) Macs are the most amazing'est (is that a word) things on this earth! I'd never go back to a PC (apart from when I'm at work lol).
8. What is your favourite holiday and why?
Would you believe I've only ever been on two holidays abroad which were to Rome and Spain. I didn't have any holidays this year as I've been really busy. Other than that I had the family holidays to Blackpool and some holiday parks. My favourite probably had to be Spain as it was with my friends and we were in my friends family's villa and it was great fun. We did a few tourist-sight-seeing things and got drunk, chilled out in the pool and lounged on the beach - what more do you want a holiday to be??
9. What is your dream vacation?
I've always wanted to visit New York or San Francisco near Christmas time - so that is my aim for next year. I got told by several people to 'start saving now' lol
10. What is the best blogging advice you have received?
Be Truthful, Be Honest, Be Yourself << Can't remember where I read that or who told me that but I remember it ... I think alot of bloggers live by this :)
11. When do you start decorating/preparing for Christmas?
Some people might kill me for saying this but probably around the start/finish of Halloween. Decorating would probably be the last week of November I think. I started looking for Christmas present ideas around October I think this year.
11 facts about me:
1. I'm Scottish living in England
2. I'm a big Taylor Swift fan
3. I love the month December - my birthday, winter, christmas and my anniversary with my other half!
4. I love my MacBook, my camera, my iPhone and my car.
5. I hate that I'm an impulse buyer lol
6. I love to sleep ... zzzzzzzz
7. I'm very picky with certain things - like where to eat, what to wear, what to do ...
8. I love long showers (where I come out like a shrivelled plum)
9. I love Starbucks
10. I'm a big tea drinker too
11. I love cuddly toys (even though I'm 23, nearly 24 lol)
Now to nominate some people ... I'm not bothering with people less that 200 as I don't think we should be focusing on the numbers but the content of the blogs and these are some of the blogs I love to read before bed or when I have a spare 10 minutes at work:
2. I Write About You
3. Queen of Sparkles
4. Balloon's Life
5. Louise Does Life
6. Good Girl Gone Brum
7. Jess About Average
8. It's a Bug's Life
9. A Little Bit Of That
10. The Beauty Notes
11. A Girl From Glasgow
Now the 11 questions:
1. My blog is a mixture of everything. But if you had to choose one topic for your blog forever - what would it be?
2. What was the last lie you told?
3. What question do you hate to answer?
4. Which of the four seasons do you love?
5. What cheers you up?
6. Where is your quiet place? (where you go to think or be alone)
7. What do you value most in a relationship?
8. What is the most played song you listen to?
9. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
10. At what age would you say - 'you grew up'?
11. Do you think 'everything happens for a reason'?
Apologies if some of you have already been nominated or have gotten the award already.
I'll email/comment/tweet you guys to let you know I've nominated you if you don't see this.