Hey everyone :)
I hope you all had a good weekend and a great start to the week? I spent the weekend resting and relaxing hoping that my twitchy eye would disappear but it is still persisting. On Saturday I baked these lovely muffins I'm about to share with you ...
Now most apple and cinnamon cupcake (or muffin) recipes included raisins or sultanas ... but I'm not the biggest fan of those so I substituted with oats. I also didn't have any plain flour so I used self-raising and cut out the baking powder ... as self-raising is basically plain flour with raising agent (the baking powder). You can find the original recipe HERE if you want to take a look.
300g self-raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
300g of grated apple
125g of oats (I used jumbo oats)
125g of melted butter, cooled
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a cupcake/muffin tray with 12-18 cases.
2. In a bowl - add the flour (sifted), the cinnamon, the sugar, the grated apple and oats. Mix with a spoon so that the ingredients are mixed together.
3. Using a mixer (or by bowl and wooden spoon) we are going to alternate between dry and wet ingredients. Firstly add the melted butter to the bowl and turn the mixer on slow, add some dry ingredients, then an egg, then dry, then another egg, then more dry, then the milk and then more dry until you have none left. Turn the mixer off after this as you don't want to over beat the mixture.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cases ... your supposed to get around 12 but I got 18 of them and they were filled fully.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and leave in tray for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
What did you bake this weekend? Let me know in the comments below.