I've also teamed up with 'Banana Moon, a personalised clothing company' who have an amazing collection of Banana-themed recipes on their website (as well as the clothes obviously) you can check out their online recipe book HERE.
280g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
60g soft, room temperature butter
150g white sugar
50g brown sugar
2 large bananas
2 large eggs
245g greek yoghurt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
175g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin (or cupcake tray) with 12 cupcake cases.
2. In the first bowl sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and the salt. Stir with a spoon to mix everything together. Sit the bowl to one side.
3. In a food mixer add the butter and both sugars and cream for about 5 minutes.
4. In a third bowl (while the butter and sugar are creaming) add the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla essence, chocolate chips, also mash the banana with a fork and then add that too. Mix together in the bowl.
5. Once the butter and sugar have creamed ... get your wet ingredients and dry ingredients and alternating add little by little with the food mixer on low until everything is incorporated.
6. Divide the mixture into the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light and fluffy. Do keep an eye on them as chocolate chips can burn and they taste horrible when burnt.
7. Take from oven and leave in tray for 5 mins and then transfer to wire cooling rack until completely cool.
Just to mention I took inspiration from the following recipes to create this one: HERE, HERE and HERE.