Hey everyone :)
Following on from yesterday's post - I was talking about Summer, and little tiny tarts (as opposed to one big massive one) and how they are quick, simple easy to throw together!
I thought I'd continue that 'theme' and today we have the Raspberry Tart - a lovely sweet, but kinda tangy tart with a nice raspberry jam/sauce.
- small all-butter pastry tartlets
- double cream for whipping
- raspberry jam (seedless, important)
1. Take the tartlets and lay them out. Spoon a teaspoonful of the jam into the tartlet and spread out.
2. Whip up your cream until it forms peeks - again similar to my banoffee pie tartlets you can add sugar to the cream if you want or not (just my preference).
3. Dollop a good amount of whipped cream onto the tartlet and spread slightly.
4. Add some raspberries on top - you can chop them but I liked the whole look better.
5. In a small bowl add a good heaped dessertspoonful of raspberry jam and a little cold water and whisk until you have a runny 'sauce'. Drizzle over the top of the tarts when ready to serve.
Optional: You could also puree the raspberries in a food processor, strain them through a sieve and add some icing sugar for a different sweeter sauce/drizzle.
What do you think of my Raspberry Tarts? Easy and simple to make and great for a BBQ or a light dessert. Let me know in the comments below if you think they are a great little treat!