Hey everyone :)
I love Mary Berry - I think I've said this on almost every recipe and video when I talk about her. The way she cooks and the thinks she cooks and bakes are just like what my Gran and Nana used to make and this makes me happy!
I recently bought (well had on pre-order) Tanya Burr's new book: 'Tanya Bakes' and one of the recipes was 'Mary Berry's Chocolate Fork Biscuits' - it's such a quick and easy recipe and it has ingredients you just always have in your cupboard so I rushed to make it straight away!
100g unsalted butter
50g golden sugar
150g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
splash of milk (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / GM4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until well combined. Add a splash of milk if the mixture appears too crumbly.
4. Flour your hands, then roll the dough into 15 small balls. Transfer them to the baking tray and press each ball down with a fork to flatten - it helps to dip the fork in flour.
5. Bake for 10-12 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Let me know what you think and if you have made these biscuits before in the comments below.