Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes
On Tuesday I asked my work colleagues what flavour of cupcakes they would like me to make and Mark asked for 'raspberry and white chocolate' so that is what I made. Don't they look good?!
I found the recipe HERE on BBC Good Food if you want the original but I haven't altered anything.
300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g golden caster sugar (or plain caster sugar works too)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
225ml milk (I used whole)
50g melted butter (cooled, not too hot)
100g fresh raspberries
100g chopped white chocolate (good quality - I used Green&Blacks)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan oven) and line a cupcake/muffin tray with 12 cases. I found these floral ones in Tesco or just use whatever you have lying around.
2. You will need two bowls - in the first bowl - sift the plain flour, baking powder and sugar. In the second bowl add the wet ingredients so the egg, vanilla essence, the melted (cooled) butter and milk and mix together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. I used my mixer again but you could just use a wooden spoon.
3. Once mixed add the white chocolate and mix again until incorporated. The next part if you are using a mixer - STOP! Get a wooden spoon as we need to add the raspberries but you want to try and keep them as whole as possible as you don't want them to break up. So add them and gently mix them until they are incorporated (I love that word!) into the mix.
4. Spoon the mixture into the 12 cases - don't worry if it looks like there is hardly any batter and more chocolate and raspberries in the cases ... I was wondering about this ...
5. Pop them into the oven for 20 - 25 minutes ... after 20 minutes mine were just starting to brown so I left them in for around 23 minutes and then checked a couple of a skewer. The skewer came out clean so I took them out.
6. Leave them in the cupcake/muffin tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack until cool. You can eat one when they come out but be careful as the raspberries are really hot - I burnt my tongue :(
7. For decoration you could do a butter cream icing, but I wanted to keep it simple so I melted some leftover white chocolate and just drizzled it over the tops of the cupcakes ... just make sure they are completely cooled before doing this.
Let me know what your favourite flavour is and I'll try and make it in the comments below.